Saturday, August 20, 2011

"Killin' Time"

Welcome! Today the project that I am sharing with you was created for two awesome challenges. The first challenge is the Smudgy Antics Challenge "Dead Divas", the second challenge is in the Smeared And Smudged Group "Junk Funk Challenge". Okay, now for some details... The Dead Divas Challenge on the Smudgy Antics Blog is to create anything that you would like, use your imagination and only one rule... You MUST use a Smeared Ink Stamp! The Stamp that I have used is Anya from The Glam Vamps Digi Set. The Junk Funk Challenge is to be creative in using Staples on your creation, so I created a staple chain for around my image and one chain that dangles from each corner of the sentiment! Let me tell you, it was a bit of pain to sit and hook them all together, bend and squeeze each one shut... but that is me, once I get an idea in my head... I have to do it, no matter what! LOL!


Material List

Stamps ~ Smeared Ink - Anya from the Glam Vamps Digi Set (Image) & My Own Little Mind (Sentiment)
Designer Paper ~ Paper Pizazz & Out Of My Stash
Card Stock ~ Wausau Papers 60# (?) & Stampin' Up (Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, & Going Gray)
Nestibilities by Spellbinders ~ Deckled Mega Rectangles - Large
Staples (Chain Around My Image & Chain That Dangles From The Sentiment)
Stampin' Up Pastel Chalks (Background Of My Image & Sentiment)
Brads ~ Out Of My Stash (Most likely Stampin' Up)
Punch ~ 1/16" Fiskars Handheld Circle Punch
3M Foam Tape (To Pop Image & Sentiment Up)
Half Pearls ~ Recollections by Michael's Stores Inc.
Stickles by Ranger ~ Gunmetal & Xmas Red
Stampin' Up Crystal Effects (Boots & Eyes)
5 X 7 Black Frame


Prisma Colored Pencil Numbers

923, 924, 925, 1050, 1051, 1054, 1056, 1058, 935, 1068, 1069, 1063, 1065, & 1067


I will be entering this picture into thirteen different challenges...
As always thanks for stopping by, if you have any questions or comments feel free to leave me a message with a way to contact you (email or blog address)!
Have a wicked weekend!

16 comments:

Laura B said...

This is great! Love the sentiment and the colors you chose.:)

Tammy L said...

Awesome card! I love that sentiment! thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at Poodles Parlour this week.
Tammyx

ike said...

DANG - that it just super awesome. Love the colours and the staples idea is genius..... don't envy your poor little fingers though :-(
Hugz
Ike xxx

Vicky said...

Fabulous Sweetie......!

thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour....and good luck...!

hugs Vicky xx

Rainbow Lady said...

Super card but don't know the song. Love your blog background too. Thanks for singing with me this week
Love Cynthia x

ldfdesign said...

for all the work you put into it, the staples look awesome! i love that you made her boots red! awesome job!

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

~Lady B~ said...

Gorgeous work! Love the coloring and the overall design! Fabulous job! Thanks for playing with Smudgy Antics this week!

Anne said...

What an unusual card and idea! Thank you for joining in with this week’s Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll play again this Friday!
Hugs
Anne

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh my - sorry to say this is tooooo way out for me! must be an age thing...I dont understand the sentiment at all - cant imagine asking that...of course I am not a fan of scary stuff so please dont get mad that your blog is scary to me LOL
BUT thanks for entering our Phindy Place Challenge...wonder if I'll ever see any lace or bows or buttons in here..no blood please ROFLOL
hugs
Linda

ElizabethR said...

Great card, thanks for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week. Elizabeth

Lori said...

Great Dead Diva! So glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Totally awesome creation. Love the bling on her coat and the saples looks really cool. Thanks for joining us at Phindy`s Place. Hugs...Mona

starcyl said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's this week
Jenny x

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

This is fab Sara, and what a fab idea with the staples! Thanks so much for playing along with us at StampInsanity this week, hope to see you again soon :D

alethea said...

Fab card!! Love what you did with the staples.. all worth the pain!! Thanks for joining us at PCJ! hugsxx