Thursday, January 15, 2015

Dead of Winter January 2015 Member Blog Hop...

Good Morning Everyone and Welcome to my first post for 2015! I am so glad that you decided to stop by today! We are having a Member Blog Hop for Smeared Ink and the theme of our projects are "Dead of Winter". You should have arrived here from the fabulous Tit Belsoeur's Blog. (If you would like to start the hop from the beginning, you will find the listing on the right side bar here ---->) As always there were only two rules... interpret the theme anyway you want and when you created your project be sure to use at least one stamp (rubber or digi). You didn't need to use a Smeared Ink Stamp, but I have along with a few others. Also if you would like to join us in the future, you can find us here at the Smeared and Smudged Facebook Page!


Step One...

I used Canson XL Watercolor Paper as I am trying to fine tune my watercolor skills. The stamps that I used are from Smeared Ink ~ Fringe Collection (Skull with wings and banner) and Stampscapes ~ Leafless Tree Large 053, Reeds Large 068D, and Cloud Space 276G. I also used a die cut from Spellbinders ~ S4 114 Standard Circle Large for my moon. The Inks that I used are by Ranger ~ Archival Ink (Waterproof) in Jet Black, Watering Can, and French Ultramarine. 


Step Two...

I used my Lyra Aquacolor Crayons to color in the whole images using the palette technique (laying the color down on acetate, mixing water with your paint brush, and finally applying it to your picture). I really love how this turned out. (I think I should have just stopped at this step... but NO... I just had to go one step further! 

Lyra Aquacolor Crayons ~ Sky - Blue Violet, Deep Cobalt, Light Cobalt, and White
~ Pond - Sky Blue
~ Skull - Light Grey
~ Feathers - Black, Medium Grey, and Light Grey
~ Banner - Medium Grey
Moon ~ Blue Violet, Deep Cobalt, and Light Cobalt


Step Three...

Here I have added the quote, However... I really think I should have just left it alone. But hey, "Live and Learn" is my motto! I hope you have enjoyed my project. Now you are off to the wonderfully talented Diane's Blog! As always thanks for stopping by, if you have any questions or comment feel free to leave me a message with a way to contact you (email or blog address)! Have a wicked day!

15 comments:

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

Fabulous project Sarah. Lovin that background you created xx

KristyLee said...

Love your AJP, your colors are beautiful and you have a way w/ "Watercolors" I love your sentiment too! Great job!
Peace
Kristy

LisaVeronica said...

fab and very starry night feel :) xx

Matney said...

Oh my wowness. This turned out so beautiful. Love the layers of inks, set up, and you are skilling it up! Fab quote.

Unknown said...

Looks fantastic love it xxxx

Ellis said...

Beautiful background you created and great step by step you showed! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Susan Renshaw said...

Awesome project! Love thimages, the colours and the whole feel of it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, an amazing project, love the scene you have created.

Hugs Erin xx

TangledBlueRose said...

Love the wintery cool feel! Such wonderful colors and love the images! So good to see your art again!~kim

My Side of Oz said...

It is fabulous just the way it is, Sara! It was fabulous from the first step! Love your process and how magnificent it turned out!!

My Side of Oz said...

It is fabulous just the way it is, Sara! It was fabulous from the first step! Love your process and how magnificent it turned out!!

ike said...

How fabulous - gorgeous effect with your watercolours - I LUV it :-) xx

Shelley said...

So beautiful! I love the atmosphere you have created on this piece xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful piece! I love your background and how you have used your watercolors.

riliska said...

Great coloring.. awesome papers! Love your cards!